Monday, September 20, 2010

Tuscany!!! Wow

I must admit - I WAS IMPRESSED!! What beautiful countryside. We left the ship at 7AM and were gone for 9 1/2 hours! But it was beautiful. WE headed out to Lucca and toured the walled city. Lucca is a walled city and we walked on top of the ancient walls. Lucca has 100,000 people but only 10,000 of them live within the city walls. Each family has a permit for one car - imagine? Americans would never survive!! We toured the town for 3 hours; stopped for a capucinno and a beer (any guesses on who drank what????) and off we went to a farmhouse where they served us lunch wine beer and lots of food. As I said we are eating and drinking our way through Europe!!! We toured an ancient villa after; we probaby could have done without that but it did have nice gardens. Dan is thrilled; we get our picture taken at least once every 5 minutes. The family made and bottled olive oil so I bought some to bring home. Dan just shakes his head.................. long bus ride back and we sailed for Monte Carlo

1 comment: