Monday, September 27, 2010
Our Last day
We awoke in Naples Italy after a quick breakfast we all got off the ship and 18 of us piled into 3 Mercedes Vans off we went for Pompei Sadly it was raining but I think it was just Italy letting us know they were sad to see us leave. We toured Pompei which truly is a wonder We had a guide who was quite a character!! It only rained a bit and we had a good time. Off we went again to tour the Amalfi Coast and see Positano. No words can describe the beauty of the Amalfi coast. Carole O'Connell and I stayed in Positano some years back and I fell in love with it then. Some of you may remember the tiles I shipped home and made into a table. It is everybit as beautiful today and the sun came out. I visited the shop where I first got my table tiles and drouled over them but then was over it. We bought a bottle of Limoncello and off we went to a family restaurant high into the hills over looking the town and sea. Amazing pasta with porcinni mushrooms Anti pasto wine mozorella more wine beer and of course some cookies. we were pretty full and piled back into the van. Our driver Nikko was great and he was some driver. We came around a corner (hair pin that is) and we flat against another car!! Some how we did not hit bur I am not sure how!! WE went on to Sorrento and back to the ship. we had our farewell dinner, are all packed and ready to go. Next time you hear from me I will be in Hampton. we are sailing for Rome now. Ciao Italia!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment