We docked in Dubrovnik this morning about 8AM After a large breakfast with our friends we headed off. Dan and 2 other guys decided to walk in to town (allegedly only 2 miles ya right) The girls took the shuttle bus. and we all met at the walls to the old city. What a beautiful place!! There is one main drag where there are lots of stores and restaurants. The city is surrounded by huge walls as a way of defense against invaders through the years. We climbed the stairs and had a panoramic view of the ocean, houses built in the cliffs and just spectacular scenery. If the computer will cooperate I will try to load some photos.. the guys were feeling a bit parched after their long walk and found (of all things) an Irish Pub where they spent the rest of the day. The girls headed off to climb the wall; see the sites and of course a bit of shopping. We had great pizza for lunch and just got back to the ship. There are 12 of us going to dinner tonight at 8PM I an about to head up to the deck and join the rest for an afternoon cocktail!! We sail at 6PM so I would like to be outside for that.
So far this has been a wonderful trip. I was very impressed with Dubrovnik. It is am immaculate city and one I would return to. the people were very friendly and nice. I learned today that the tie was invented in Croatia. They say you learn something new every day.
I will post this and then see about the pixs. Wish me luck. Oh and I get to spend 55 cents a minute the whole time I am on this lovely machine!!! Oh well
Bye for now JoAnne
test
ReplyDeleteHi Joanne & Dan
ReplyDeleteLee let me look at your blog and I'm very jealous. It reminded me of my trip to Italy and Rome and saw most of the sights you've mentioned or plan to see.
In case you're wondering what the poor people are doing while " touring the Med."; here it is!
Saturday we had our annual get together to assemble our family and friends and get our X-mas picture of the grand kids. It rained most of the day!
Sunday we cleaned up and returned chairs, table, dishes and forgotten articles of clothing.
Monday the entertainment was knocking down a wasp nest without getting stung! Very Hot!
Tuesday Golf with the usual gang (included Jim Rapp) no one broke 100 -VERYY HOTT
Wed. Lee & I walked the canal in Spencerport, bought bottle brush to clean our hummingbird feeders, shopped at consignment shops for X-mas presents - Very cold and windy - soccer practice that evening for me - it rained!
Thurs.(today) mowed lawn - cold and some rain and we're planning to golf (9holes w/ Jim & Pat Rapp) and out to dinner. Lee tee'd up on the fairways, and resterant of choice was not serving
Friday's plans include visit to Geneseo & lunch w/ my Mom and picking up our granddaughter after Cross County practice.
Outlook is more of the same next few weeks, and no relief until after X-giving so we can travel to Fla.
Norm Gifford
ps - say hi to Dan and all our Fla. friends - hope to see you all sometime before the end of the year.