Saturday, September 11, 2010

Corfu Greece

We sailed into Corfu around 7 this morning. It was a beautiful site (so they tell me I was asleep!)however when I went to breakfast I say this beautiful island. My first time in Greece and also Dan's so we were pretty excited. Unfortunately it was raining so we stayed on the ship until after 11 then we caught the shuttle into the old town and saw the sites. We wandered around and saw the old walls, cobblestone streets, and lovely park. By now it was raining again so the guys headed for a bar and the women shopped. We had a Greek Salad in a wheat baguette heated for lunch and then were off again. We met up with the guys and headed back . Of course once back on the ship it was nice and sunny so we laid at the pool drinking and swimming. I worry for Dan's liver!! :) I watched us sail off and we are about to go into dinner. We head to another Greek Island tomorrow where Olympia is. Stay tuned and I will get on here as much as I can. this was my 4th attempted today; must be the rain that made the Internet particularly cranky today! I tried to upload a picture last night and I got kicked off so................sorry no pictures but I am sure taking plenty and will have them to show everyone.
We are having a wonderful time. Our friends are great traveling companions
See you soon
JoAnne and Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment